Roger Hutson is the President/CEO of HRM Resources III, LLC. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, HRM Resources III, LLC is a private firm specializing in exploration and production with capital backing through Kayne-Anderson Energy Private Equity. With strong engineering, technical expertise and a skilled team of employees, HRM strives to increase the value of each of its assets by controlling costs, improving efficiency, and increasing production. HRM Resources III is the third endeavor with Kayne-Anderson, with the previous two, HRM Resources and HRM Resources II, having been successfully divested in 2011 and 2017 respectively. Mr. Hutson also founded Paladin Energy Partners, LLC, which was successfully divested in 2006.
Mr. Hutson is a graduate of the Colorado School of Mines with a B.Sc. in Geological Engineering. In March of 2004, Mr. Hutson was appointed by Gov. Bill Owens to the Colorado School of Mines Board of Trustees and was re-appointed by Gov. Bill Ritter. During his dual terms, he served as the Chairman of the Board of Trustees as well as the Chairman of the Finance and Audit Committee.
Current Board Affiliations:
- Colorado Concern: 2015 to present, Board Chair for 2019 & 2020
- DCPA: 2015 to present, currently Co-Chair Development Committee
- Helen G. Bonfils Foundation: 2017 to present
- Denver County Judicial Nominating Committee: 2014 to present
- St Joseph Hospital: 2016 to present
- Colorado Oil & Gas Association Advisory Board: 1990 to present, former President Board of Directors
Past Board Affiliations:
- Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission: 2011- 2018. Served the last 6 years as Commission Chair