Greg is a founding partner of ACM LLP, a Colorado-based Rocky Mountain Regional CPA firm with offices in Denver, Boulder, Northern Colorado, and Laramie, Wyoming. ACM has been recognized by the Denver Business Journal, Accounting Today and Coloradobiz Magazine for its rapid growth over the past decade and its desirable work environment.
Throughout his career, Greg has provided accounting, auditing and consulting services to private, public and multinational businesses, including capital transactions, equity offerings and initial public offerings (IPOs). He believes in fostering long-term relationships with his clients, and his dedication to their total business needs goes beyond traditional accounting and auditing services.
Over the last two decades, Greg has been a respected ambassador for the CPA profession at a state, national and global level. He served on the Board of Directors for the Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants (COCPA) from 1999 to 2005 and was chairman from 2004 to 2005. He has been significantly involved with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), having served two terms on the Board of Directors (2006-2009, 2010-2013), as chairman from 2011-2012, and on several technical committees, including President of the Accounting Research Association, Inc. and Board Liaison to the Expert Panels Oversight Group. He’s been a member of the AICPA’s Governing Council since 2004, and is currently the chairman of the National CPA Financial Literacy Commission.
In 2015, the AICPA bestowed its highest honor upon Greg, the Gold Medal Award for Distinguished Service, which is awarded to CPAs who have made major contributions to the profession. Additional recognitions include the Trailblazer Award, Who’s Who in Accounting (Denver Business Journal) and the 2018 Bill Daniels Ethical Leader of the Year.
Greg served on the Board of Directors of the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants; and a council member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. From 2014-2017, he served on the Nominating Committee of the International Federation of Accountants, a global accountancy organization dedicated to serving the public interest.
Through May 2018, Greg was a member of the Board of Directors of Citywide Banks, a subsidiary of Heartland Financial USA, Inc., a multibillion-dollar financial services company. Prior to Heartland’s acquisition of Centennial Bank in February 2016, he served on the Board of Directors and chaired the audit committee of Centennial Bank’s parent company, CIC Bancshares. Currently, he sits on the Boards of Directors for Wish for Wheels, a Denver based non-profit that gifts new bicycles and helmets to low income communities. Greg also holds a place on the Board of Trustees for Mile High United Way which fights for education, health and financial stability for the Denver Community.
Greg has been actively involved in the Colorado nonprofit and philanthropic community. He is a founding member and past Chairman of the Board of Directors of Executives Partnering to Invest in Children; serves on the Board of Trustees for the Mile High United Way; and is a member of the Board of Directors for Junior Achievement – Rocky Mountain, Inc. In 2018, he was recognized as the Bill Daniels Ethical Leader of the Year.
Greg and his wife Julie have two children, Cameron and Jacob. He enjoys spending time with his family, skiing, mountain biking, boating, and fishing. As an outdoor enthusiast, Greg once broke the world record for skiing the most vertical feet in 24 hours.
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, University of Northern Colorado
- Colorado Certified Public Accountant License number 13767
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Board of Directors (2006-2009, 2010-2013), Chairman (2011-2012)
- International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), Nominating Committee (2014-2017)
- National CPA Financial Literacy Commission, Chairman
- Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, Past Board Member
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Past Council Member (2011-2013)
- Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants (COCPA), Board of Directors (1999-2005), Chairman (2004-2005)
- Executives Partnering to Invest in Children (EPIC), Founding Member and Past Chairman
- Mile High United Way, Board of Trustees
- Wish for Wheels, Board Member
- Junior Achievement – Rocky Mountain, Inc., Board of Directors
- Colorado Concern, Member
- Governor’s Early Childhood Leadership Commission (ECLC), Past Member
- UNC Monfort College of Business, Deans Leadership Council