Troy Hill was born in Denver, Colorado and graduated Brighton High School in 1985. Troy began working with his father as a sophomore in high school the day they purchased Hill Petroleum in February 1982. Troy enlisted in the United States Navy from 1985 to 1989 and was honorably discharged SM2. He went to college full time on the GI Bill and worked full time until 1993. In 2000, Troy began running the day to day operations of the company. Hill Petroleum market the state of Colorado for lubricants and chemicals and the five surrounding states for retail, wholesale fuels and specialty products. Hill Petroleum has branches in Greeley, Ft. Morgan and Craig.
- Former member of The State of Colorado Emergency Response Planning team (Governors Owens and Ritter)
- Former Steering Committee member of the Colorado Governor’s Biofuels Coalition (Governor Owens)
- Former member of Adams Five-Star Schools foundation board
- Current Member of the Board of Trustees for the Colorado Wyoming Petroleum Marketers Association
- Current Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Colorado Motor Carriers Association
- Colorado State Patrol Honorary Colonel