Colorado Concern gets results that keep our economy going.
Colorado’s business community is remarkable for its deep and abiding commitment to the success of the Centennial state and its people. For 35 years the members of Colorado Concern have been driven by this brand of corporate citizenship— this western spirit of coming together to forge a prosperous future. At Colorado Concern we see this as our legacy, our vision and our responsibility.
Colorado Concern is a community of passionate senior business leaders that promote a business-friendly environment; we support and applaud the leaders and policies that foster vibrant and sustainable economic growth for the people of Colorado.
At Colorado Concern we are focused, strategic and committed to success in the endeavors we take on. Learn more about our focus areas and recent successes below.
AT THE CAPITOL
Colorado Concern champions bi-partisan pro-business legislation that improves economic certainty and reduces barriers to growth. Our team works with legislators to identify opportunities, develop bill language, and pass meaningful reform. We also defend against anti-business and anti-growth measures.
- Secured $700 million dollars of property tax relief including the first commercial property tax reduction in 40 years.
- Built and led a historical statewide transportation coalition to overcome decades-old gridlock and pass Colorado’s largest-ever roads and bridges funding bill
- Identified regulatory barriers and the legislative fix needed to get licensed professionals and military spouses to work sooner and more affordably
- Led the successful construction litigation reform effort at the state capitol leading to increased supply in the for-sale multi-family market
AT THE BALLOT BOX
This consortium of leaders has led several successful statewide and local ballot campaigns on issues ranging from redistricting to homelessness. The board regularly supports or opposes ballot measures through thought-leadership, coalition engagement, educational events, and significant financial investments.
- Passed Raise the Bar on the ballot making the Colorado Constitution more difficult to amend
- Depoliticized legislative redistricting
- Opened political primaries to unaffiliated voters
- Defended the Denver camping ban on the Denver ballot
- Removed a badly outdated property tax rate scheme from the Colorado constitution
IN THE COMMUNITY
In addition to statewide action, Colorado Concern engages locally in Denver city politics. We work with the Mayor, members of the City Council, and coalitions to influence local ordinances and ballot efforts. Our Political Action Committee backs pro-business candidates running for the state legislature, the Denver Mayor’s office, or Denver City Council.
- Created the definitive state blueprint of Colorado’s infrastructure investment needs for Congress
- Brought a successful suit to the Supreme Court against an unconstitutional Executive Order aimed at loosening safeguards and controls and ballot signature-gathering activities
- Created a strategic partnership with Activate Workforce Solutions to place talented but overlooked and disadvantaged workers in career-path positions at member companies